General Studies Unit
Welcome to General Studies Unit of Crawford University. This is a unit where both academic and administrative functions are performed to facilitate teaching, learning and administration of certain courses of general and diverse nature which are compulsory to all students as a prerequisite for graduation. This is done to achieve a robust student development beyond their various areas of specialization.
Other functions of the unit include:
- Organization, supervision, monitoring and coordination of the teaching of General Studies courses.
- Ascertaining synergy between the unit and examination officers of the University for conduct of examination and other academic and administrative arrangements that may be considered expedient.
- Facilitating the marking of GST examination scripts by the lecturers in charge after each semester examination and ensuring prompt release of the results.
- Holding of regular meetings with GST lecturers with the aim of ascertaining efficient and effective administrative and academic performance by the unit in the discharge of its duties.
- Attending to students complaints and treating them with respect to peculiarities.
- Keeping records of completed examination scripts, results and other important documents relating to GST examinations.
- Performance of other duties that may arise from time to time.
Head of Unit: AINA, OLUWASOLA ABIODUN