Meet Our New Vice Chancellor
Prof. Reuben Jiya Kolo, a professor of Water Resources, Aquaculture and Fisheries Technology, is the 4th Vice Chancellor of our great institution, Crawford University. His appointment, according to a letter signed by the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the university, Prof. Peter Okebukola, is for a non-renewable period of five years, with effect from October 5.
Kolo, who hails from Doko, in Lavun Local Government Area of Niger State, was born on March 21, 1962.
He bagged his BSc. in Zoology in 1987 from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He had his MSc and PhD in Hydrobiology and Fisheries at the University of Ibadan and FUT Minna. He joined FUT Minna on July 11, 1990, as an Assistant Lecturer.
Prof. Reuben Kolo, became a professor of Water Resources, Aquaculture and Fisheries Technology on October 1, 2010.
Prof. Kolo has held several positions in the university such as Dean, School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology from 2015 to 2019, and Deputy Dean, Postgraduate School 2012 to 2013.
- Others are Deputy Director, Centre for Climate Change and Freshwater Resources 2005 to 2008,
- Coordinator, Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) 2004 to 2005.
- He is a member of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN), National Association of Fish Farmers and Aquaculturists (NAFFA), and Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FSN), among others.
- He is well published in notable local and international journals.
Promises to Improved Academic Performances
Employing Global Best Practice in Learning and Teaching
Prof. Reuben Kolo, in his inaugural speech has said he will …
- employ the world’s best practices in learning and teaching to improve students’ academic performances.
- establish programmes that would attract more students to the university.
- consolidate on what the outgoing Vice-Chancellor had put in place.
- “In the cause of this COVID-19 pandemic, normal classroom learning may not be the only thing, so, I want to build and expand on ICT through the Learning Management System where students would study online and do a lot of things online.